We welcome contributions. Write for us and uplift, inspire, and reach the world with your voice.
Optimum wellness and longevity is our core focus. We like positively framed content that offers solutions, is meticulously researched and comes from a unique voice founded upon intelligence, compassion, and humor. We cover Healthy Eating & Nutrition, Longevity Science, Fitness & Performance, Beauty & Style, Energy & Mood, and Relaxation and Recovery. If you are holistically minded and have something to say and to teach, then you could be a match for us.
SOME SPECIFICS ABOUT OUR CATEGORIES:
- Healthy Eating & Nutrition: Send us a healthy recipe. Assume your reader is only looking for natural organic solutions. Explain why its healthy, what about it is so special, how you serve it and why you love it. In the recipe, please include serving size, ingredients (with measurements), clear prep directions, and a photo.
- Beauty & Style: Show how to make, apply, or find natural, sustainable, non-toxic beauty products. Turn people onto a something that oozes style, whether its clothes, interior design, furniture, etc., as long as its sensational, sustainable, and original, we want to read about it.
- Fitness & Performance: Is there an exercise or fitness routine you want to share, one that can be done by anyone and that can increase your level of wellbeing? Provide specific instruction on how to complete the activity. Assume your reader is fit but new to this particular exercise. Include photos.
- Longevity Science: Are you interested in anti-aging, regenerative medicine, self improvement and have something to share in these field? Are you informed on the latest breakthroughs and ancient teachings? Do your research skills encompass Aristotelean logic? If you answered yes, you may have something to offer in this category.
- Energy & Mood: Do you have practical techniques, tips, and advice on increasing and maintaining optimum energy and correcting and balancing mood? You may be the scientist, philosopher, or coach we need to help remove people’s limitations in this area.
- Relaxation and Recovery: Fitness gurus, training experts, and wise people know that strenuous physical activity should be rewarded with lots of time for relaxation and recovery. If you have an insight into this subject, we want to hear from you.
Tone is everything! Your tone should be inclusive, accessible, inspiring, informative, educational, and generally positive. Help our readers grow and feel inspired! Look at our existing content as a guide. There’s enough bad news and disconnection in the world. We offer tools for self empowerment. We model excellence and our writers should too!
DO'S AND DON'TS
- Be original: Posts must be unique and original to LongevityLiving.com. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online or be slated for distribution on other sites. (We will consider pieces published to your personal blog).
- Add to the conversation: We feature a wide range of topics and have a large library of great content. How can your piece add to what's already there?
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. We prefer links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/longevityliving].
- Include photos
- Come up with a great title that grabs readers’ attention and makes them want to read your piece: Ask yourself what problem does my article solve? How will reading this make someone’s life better?
- Write a tight opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
- Provide tips readers can implement easily. Here's an example: Step one: throw away your white sugar Step two: Replace with our Recommended list of organic sweeteners.
- Write in your own voice: How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write.
- Send SEO-driven submissions: We can’t use posts from content farms or created to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name. We are unable to accept submissions or bio references that promote a business or service not in line with our philosophy.
- Hyperlink: Please don’t hyperlink. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/longevityliving].
- To submit, email us at email@example.com
- Your full post with a working title. Send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post. (Send as separate files, not pasted within a doc.) Send only images that you own.
- Your bio (120 words or less) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages, in brackets: [http://facebook.com/longevityliving].
- A headshot or photo of you if you want to use for your bio.
THE SMALL-PRINT STUFF:
- Submit only one post at a time: We read every submission we receive but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed. Feel free to submit a different post as often as you would like.
- By submitting to Longevityliving.com you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing the Longevityliving.com editorial team deems necessary.
- Photos: All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall (bigger in either direction, or both, is fine).
- What we look for in yoga, workout, or fitness posts: While a photo submission with these posts is not necessary, it is highly encouraged. The photo (or photos) should be original, of you or a model completing the pose, sequence, or routine you're writing about, and the image should be high-quality. Each photo should be labeled with the move it’s demonstrating. If you have a short video (no longer than 3 minutes) illustrating the activity, we are happy to include that in the post too.
- What we look for in recipes: When submitting a recipe, be sure to include an original, high-quality photo of your prepared dish.
- LL food photo guidelines: In an effort to keep our photos consistent in style, keep in mind the following when submitting:
- Photos work best on our website in landscape format.
- We prefer photos taken in natural daylight.
- Neutral tableware and backgrounds work best.
- Photos should be taken on a clean, natural surface such as white marble; white, light gray, or natural wood; or just a clean white surface. Linen and slate are also nice.
- We are looking for the food photos to exude the beauty of good, real, whole foods — the food should be the star with minimal, simple props, when necessary, to enhance the image. (For example, a slice of lemon or herbs on the side could work nicely if the recipe calls for it, or an appropriately placed spoon, etc.)
- Close-up shots are often not as nice as giving the dish a little space to breathe and come alive.